- All keynotes schedule are confirmed!
- School Mission
- Hybrid SC-CAMP 2022 Highlights
All keynotes schedule are confirmed!
Dates and Hours:
(9:00- 11:00 GMT - 5 : Synchronic sessions )
- 24, 25 y 26 de noviembre, COLOMBIA (Universidad Industrial de Santander, Bucaramanga, Colombia)
- 8, 9 y 10 de diciembre, MEXICO (Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, México)
- Cesar Bernal (SC3UIS, Colombia)
- Alejandro Torres (SC3UIS, Colombia)
- Robinson Rivas (UCV, Venezuela)
- Gilberto Diaz (SC3UIS, Colombia)
- Xavier Besseron (TULux, Luxembourg)
- Carlos Jaime Barrios Hernandez (SC3UIS, Colombia)
- Alfredo Cristobal (Universidad Veracruzana, México)
- David Bañuelos (Universidad de Guadalajara, México)
SC-Camp is a summer school and non-profit event about Super Computing and Distributed Systems. It proposes a series of courses around the thematic of High-Performance Computing with an important focus on practical sessions (more than half of the time). It targets Master and PhD students in the field of Computer Sciences, Engineering and any other fields that could benefit from HPC (Physics & Material Sciences, Biology/Bioinformatics, Finance, etc.). Taking advantage of the Internet and high speed networks available today, one can exploit high performance computing infrastructures from anywhere, even located in the middle of the nature. SC-Camp is an initiative of researchers inspired by this idea that offers undergraduate and master students state-of-the-art lectures and programming practical sessions upon High Performance and Distributed Computing topics. It is an itinerant school, bringing the HPC knowledge to a different place every year.
SC-Camp is a non-profit event, addressed to all students including those that lack of financial backup, so we try to keep the cost for the students as low as possible.
Hybrid SC-CAMP 2022 Highlights
SC-Camp 2022 – Hybrid features 6 days of scientific sessions, addressed to good practices for scientific computing and asynchronous and synchronous sessions will be held and a collaborative project. This year, due to the after-pandemic situation the SC-Camp will be hybrid, hosted in two sites: Universidad Industrial de Santander (Colombia) and Universidad de Guadalajara (México)
- Free inscription but limited (Recommendation: by invitation for people with base knowledge in parallel and scientific computing)
- Each host is free to propose other conditions for in-person participation
- Mandatory sessions are necessary to have the certification, however, after if possibler to make asynchronous work or other optional sessions depending of the interest of the site. Sessions could be in spanish but with slides in english (however, the session of Xavier Besseron will be in English)
The supercomputing and distributed systems school focus on the following topics: - Distributed Systems: Grid/Cluster/Cloud/Volunteer Computing - Distributed parallel programming with MPI - Shared Memory parallel programming with OpenMP - Accelerators: GPUs with CUDA, XeonPhi - Debugging, Profiling and Performance Optimization - Data Analysis with R - Resource/Job Management & Scheduling - Big Data - Reproducible Research - Advanced Computing
Please check the detailed program here.
Optional Sessions (Demanded by the site and/or pre-recorded)
- Good Practices to MultiGPU Programming with OpenACC and CUDA
- Performance Evaluation, Tracing and Debugging of Parallel Computing Codes
- Energy Measurement Cosumption for Green HPC Codes
- Quantum Computng Simulations (Extended version of the introduction session)
SC-Camp 2022 – Hybrid features 6 days of scientific sessions, during which several programming practical sessions will be held and a collaborative project. This year, due to the worldwide COVID19 pandemic the SC-Camp will be virtual, hosted by. RENATA in Colombia.
The main goal of SC-CAMP 2021 Virtual is to support the strengthening of the RedCLARA (Latin American consortium in Advanced Technology Networks for Academy and Science). For this reason the most part of the talks and courses will be in spanish this year.
We welcome applications of undergraduate (preferable in Senior year) or master students from all areas of Engineering and Computational Sciences with strong interest upon High Performance and Distributed Computing. Due to the advanced content of lectures some basic notions of Parallel and Distributed Computing along with programming skills are desirable. The scientific and steering committee will evaluate the application forms based on the applicant’s scientific background and their motivation letter. This year, we will accept a maximum of 30 students.
Master and PhD students in the field of Computer Science, or any other domain working with HPC (Physics, Material Science, Biology/Bioinformatics, Finance, etc.), who are already familiar with programming. SC-Camp is the perfect event to learn all about Distributed and Parallel programming, from basics to the most advanced level, offering a thoughtful practical experience in High Performance Systems to assimilate the concepts.